HITMAN - You give us a picture, we'll give you an autopsy report!

Add this site to your start page

Thursday, August 25, 2005

This Gal Needs a Hobby:

Dr. Terry Bennett, a 66-year old Rochester, New Hampshire physician who graduated from Harvard Medical School, loves antiques, and completely despises HMOs, is under investigation by the New Hampshire Board of Medicine because one of his patients got offended by one of his infamous "obesity lectures for women" where he urged her to lose weight for her health and for her long-term well-being. Bennett regularly warns his clients that obesity can and will very likely lead to such debilitating conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, acid reflux, heart attack and stroke.

"I told a fat woman she was obese," Bennett says. "I tried to get her attention. I told her, 'You need to get on a program, join a group of like-minded people and peel off the weight that is going to kill you."

While it might have been a little blunt for Bennett to share his opinion about his patient's condition the way that he did, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a doctor expressing his medical assessment that one of his patients is obese and should probably do something about it. While it may anger her to hear her doctor tell her something she didn't like, she needs to use that anger to motivate herself to finally do something about a very real problem. If we cannot rely on our own doctors to tell us the truth about our physical health, then who is going to do it?

Powered By Qumana

1 Comments:

Blogger harry said...

I think the woman needs to be taken out back and shot or better yet - you are right she needs to get a hobby other than letting her feelings get hurt. My feelings get hurt on a daily basis - better yet I am told what to do with myself M-F, from 8 to 5....however do you see me suing the village idiots who work for me????

If so, I wouldnt be working there...however the VI's dont have any money so I wouldnt get anything if I did try to sue them!

=)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home